Washington State is one of the hottest technology markets in the country (especially in Seattle). 63 percent of CIOs in Seattle report that it is “somewhat” or “very challenging” to find good employees in the tech sector. However, if you’re thinking of migrating to the Evergreen State for work, you may want some help finding the very best position for you.
IT jobs in Washington
Currently 25,000 tech jobs remain unfilled in Washington. Large companies like Amazon have a huge need for skilled tech workers of course, but they also have high standards. The question is: Out of those unfilled positions, can you find the right job for you?
These jobs are highly variable in terms of the education needed to apply. Graduates with a BS in Computer Sciences are being snapped up very quickly for highly paid entry-level jobs. Those who might have some IT experience but not necessarily a degree may also find spaces for them, though not as easily. And outside Seattle, things are tougher.
The Value of an IT recruitment agency
If you’re looking for your dream job, Washington is a great place to start. Here are some reasons why working with a recruitment firm might help you to locate the very best position for you.
- For candidates, recruitment firms are free of charge. Just submit your resume and enjoy the help with your job search.
- An IT recruitment agency will have a detailed knowledge of the labor market and will try to find the best match for each employee. You won’t have to spend as much time worrying “Is this a good fit for me?” That’s their job!
- Recruitment agents have a large network. If you want to cast a wide net, working with a firm is the best way to do it.
- They may have access to job opportunities that are not yet visible to the average job seeker. If you’re new in the area, you might not have the connections you need to find the most interesting job possible – If you work with a recruiting agency, it’s like suddenly having many years worth of insider knowledge.
- You may receive assistance at every step of the job search – from the initial interview to the salary negotiation.
- You may consider becoming a permanent contractor for a recruiting firm – enjoying the stability of a permanent position while at the same being able to work on an interesting variety of different projects.
When you add up these benefits the truth is obvious: If you’re considering Washington State as the next step in your tech career, send your resume to a local recruiting firm.